Ten Things You Never Knew About Déjà Vu
1. Déjà vu is that feeling that unique events are repeating.
2. The term déjà vu comes from the Old French for, ‘I’m sure I’ve lived this before.’
3. Déjà vu is that feeling that unique events are repeating.
4. The first person to experience déjà vu never existed. The first occurrence happened when it was repeated.
5. Some people believe déjà vu is past life experiences intruding on present time. You can contact these people at the St Templar's Hospital for the Not-Quite-Criminally Beyond-Hopes.
6. In the 1940s, Soviet parapsychologists attempted to study the effect déjà vu had on lab rats purchased from China. Unfortunately, no results were recorded due to the language barrier between the scientists and their subjects.
7. (Have I posted this one before?)
8. In a universe where time runs backwards, déjà vu is known as ‘remembering events that will happen’.
9. If Time is an imaginary construct designed to help the feeble human mind cope with the complexities of the ever-changing physical world, then déjà vu does not exist. Likewise, the time required to read this post does not exist so I have just wasted the past ten minutes of my non-time.
10. No, doing the time warp will only make things worse. (I’m sure I’ve read that somewhere before.)