1. I am not allowed to purchase firearms in the state of California for the next four years.
2. An ambulance ride across town cost me $2,300.
3. Psychiatrists will push medication on you for their own financial gain.
4. It takes a year for psychiatric medication to go generic. Once, before my medication did, I spent $800 on a one-month supply.
5. In psych wards, you learn more from other patients than doctors, nurses, and therapists combined.
6. I’ve been told my disease is incurable and will remain with me for the rest of my life. I know it will. I fight death every single day.
7. Don’t go to urgent care after self-harming. They will refer you to the ER with disgust.
8. After you admit to self-harming to a doctor, they call the cops.
9. Three days and nights in a psychiatric hospital runs you $12,000 without health insurance.
10. Familial support is crucial. One thing you should say to someone who thinks you’re making it up: don’t say anything. Like mental illness, there is no cure for ignorance.