Gratitude Journal For The Week of 11/29/2021
A Church I follow has an app (Crossroads Anywhere) where we journal together as a community, and one of the things we journal about are things we are thankful for. I wrote these for this week's prompts from the app....
"What are you looking forward to this week?"
- Celebrating Advent through various devotional readings, old and new.
- Watching more holiday specials with my kids (I watched an old Garfield Christmas special from my childhood with them last night).
- Picking up our 2 new kittens on Wednesday.
"What made you smile or laugh this week?"
- Reading a Christmas themed Elmo book with my class in character.
- Humor from some of my favorite voice actors in their work.
- Nostalgia from the annual Christmas music mixes I listen to each holiday season.
"How did someone help you this week?"
Our new kittens Hinata and Yachi are warming our hearts and keeping us on our toes.
Affirmation: "God will never leave me or abandon me."
Thank You God for always being ready to welcome me back, even when I mess up, am not at my best, and fail to give You the attention You deserve. Please help me to do better with making time for You, starting with this prayer and this Advent season.
As I look forward to seeing the new Spider-Man movie with my family soon, I reflect on how inspiring and fun it has been meeting several voice actors that have played Spider-Man at conventions, including Josh Keaton, Yuri Lowenthal, Robbie Daymond and Quinton Flynn.