Gratitude Journal For The Week of 12/6/2021
A Church I follow has an app (Crossroads Anywhere) where we journal together as a community, and one of the things we journal about are things we are thankful for. I wrote these for this week's prompts from the app....
"What are you looking forward to this week?"
- A Christmas themed acting opportunity this weekend.
- Writing ideas that I'm excited to implement.
- Advent/Christmas traditions to enjoy with my family.
"What are you grateful for today?"
- To witness the end of a great story in a game my wife was playing last night.
- Our new kittens and their goofiness.
- My family to come home to tonight after work.
"How did someone help you this week?"
- My co-teacher not only being a great help in the classroom, but also keeping an upbeat, positive attitude all day despite the stress.
- My daughter's Girl Scout Troop leader treating her to a meal last night.
Life has been really hard lately, with what feels like so much to do and limited time to get it done before Christmas, and not being able to just relax and take in the season has been making me feel stressed and sad. However, time with my family, encouraging moments with friends (in person and online), my seasonal job promoting Christmas fun this weekend, and God always being present even when I feel distant - these are all things helping me process my stress and emotions.