5 Tips to Beat Summer Heat...
1. Make sure your thermostat is set to a cool comfortable number ... well until the bill arrives then adjust your thermostat to a number that makes you ask the question, "Is it cooler in here or out there?" I just received my electric bill for June and I broke out in a sweat just looking at the amount!
2. Living in Texas is wonderful - ask any Texan - we will so tell you, even if you don't ask odds are we will still tell you. Mild mild wonderful winters where you can wear shorts...but our summers are not for the faint of heart. So, I would say dress accordingly to the heat...but use caution because not wearing clothes is frowned upon and considered indecent exposure.
3. When you step out to get the mail...make sure no neighbors are out because if they are then you need to take a water bottle with you because you don't want to pass out while "visiting".
4. Keep your freezer stocked...Blue Bell...for those that know - no explanation is necessary.
5. Pray for Fall...or if in Texas pray for winter since summer basically lasts six months.