Reunion, Introductions, And A Request
Hugh smiled at everyone gathered in the beach hub area of the Training World. He was dressed in swimming trunks, a straw hat, and an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt. On one side of him stood Dirk and Doug in their swimming trunks. On the other side of Hugh was a young couple, the gentleman wearing swimming trunks, and the young lady holding the gentleman's hand sporting a bikini.
"Babe! I can't believe you guys are here!" Cerissa cried out in delight, running to Doug and greeting him with an embrace and a kiss. Dirk smiled and walked over to Mitch to shake his hand.
"Good to see you again bud!" Mitch said enthusiastically. "I take it things have been looking up for you in your new life?"
"They are!" Dirk said excitedly. "My brother and I recently were on a mission at a hockey game with that power couple over there, and our teamwork helped us overcome two powerful villains (those battles can be read in these two short stories: https://theprose.com/post/526302/mvp and https://theprose.com/post/534324/true-mvp). Hey you two, come on over and meet the Pirate and his crew!"
The couple accepted the invitation and walked over to the group, Hugh following closely behind.
"It is an honor to meet you all. I'm Kirk, and this is my girlfriend Serenity."
"Dirk and Doug have been amazing to work with." Serenity said sweetly. "Dirk especially helped us through a bind with the enemies we squared off against."
"Hey, all of us working together is what helped us overcome MVP and Puck." Dirk replied humbly.
"I'm so proud of you bro!" Doug chimed in.
"I definitely will never complain about seeing you guys, especially you Doug." Cerissa said before giving him another kiss. "But out of curiosity, what brings all of you here, along with Hugh?"
"I would like Dirk and Doug to train with Kirk and Serenity in order to continue to grow their teamwork." Hugh smiled. "After all Mitch, you and I did build a fine place here for doing so."
"Indeed we did." Mitch grinned. "Did you stop by to see the product of our collaborative efforts?"
"Partially." Hugh replied. "I also come with a request for Janet's assistance, along with a job for the Pirate and his crew."
To be continued....
Training World Arc
Prior stories/chapters from this plotline:
- Team Janet vs Team Sic - https://theprose.com/post/467594/team-janet-vs-team-sic
- A New Adventure Begins! A 20 Word Teaser! (Chapter 109) - https://theprose.com/post/469384/a-new-adventure-begins-a-20-word-teaser
- Coffee And Dreams (Chapter 110) - https://theprose.com/post/469464/coffee-and-dreams
- Infected City Arc Closure (Chapter 111) - https://theprose.com/post/470462/infected-city-arc-closure
- A New Dimension - The Training World (Chapter 112) - https://theprose.com/post/472712/a-new-dimension-the-training-world
- Training, Or Vacation? (Chapter 113) - https://theprose.com/post/476376/training-or-vacation
- The Hub (Chapter 114) - https://theprose.com/post/478137/the-hub
- Janet vs Leftover: Rematch? (Chapter 115) - https://theprose.com/post/481194/janet-vs-leftover-rematch
- Follow Up (Chapter 116) - https://theprose.com/post/484088/follow-up
- Catching Up (Chapter 117) - https://theprose.com/post/484441/catching-up
- Portal To The Next Fight (Chapter 118) - https://theprose.com/post/491899/portal-to-the-next-fight
- Clash of the Mages (Chapter 119) - https://theprose.com/post/499792/clash-of-the-mages
- Team Essie (Chapter 120) - https://theprose.com/post/502330/team-essie
- A New Trick (Chapter 121) - https://theprose.com/post/504534/a-new-trick
- Darn Mosquito (Chapter 122) - https://theprose.com/post/510059/darn-mosquito
- Playing Offense: Rick and Janet (Chapter 123) - https://theprose.com/post/533308/playing-offense-rick-and-janet
- Injured Musings (Chapter 124) - https://theprose.com/post/534943/injured-musings
- The Ultimate Strategy of Team Essie (Chapter 125) - https://theprose.com/post/537929/the-ultimate-strategy-of-team-essie
- Victory? (Chapter 126) - https://theprose.com/post/538229/victory
- Final Preparations (Chapter 127) - https://theprose.com/post/541330/final-preparations
- Power Play (Chapter 128) - https://theprose.com/post/553141/power-play
- Conclusion: The Battle Simulation Ends! (Chapter 129) - https://theprose.com/post/554469/conclusion-the-battle-simulation-ends
- Refreshment & Reflection (Chapter 130) - https://theprose.com/post/557283/refreshment-reflection
- Cheers! (Chapter 131) - https://theprose.com/post/563619/cheers