- I’ve always wanted to be a professor, ever since I was a kid I’d force my twin sister and best friend to play school and I was always the teacher, passing out hastily scrawled worksheets and “grading” them with even hastier scribbles
- I really like history. So many terrible things happened and yet people just kept going, it’s amazing humans have made it this far and I just love learning about how and why they did.
- I hate strawberries. And berries in general. And tomatoes. And fish. Okay, I hate a lot of foods, mostly because of their texture. But to be honest, grapes are the worst. No food should be crunchy but also squishy at the same time. That’s just plain wrong.
- I have a document in my Google Drive completely devoted to names, first names, last names, pet names. Every time I hear a good name from a book or real life or anywhere else, I write it down.
- If I'm sad, either I read Harry Potter (because I am truly obsessed with that series, I've read each book more than 30 times) or I force myself to go bike up this one hill near my house then blast my favorite song on the way down, because I know that exercise + music (almost) always makes me feel better.
- I don't know if I outright believe in ghosts, but I do think that something exists beyond what humans currently comprehend and know to be fact.
- My weird habit is that I constantly crack my knuckles, and the sound drives my mom insane. She's said that it will make my knuckles swell but I've had the same old habit for years and my hands look exactly the same, so I'm chalking that up to a myth.
- The sound of chewing aggravates me to no end, especially when the person is chewing with their mouth open, (I would assume this bothers most people to some extent), but even with their mouth closed it irritates me.
- I'm really bad at letting other people think they're right and I'm wrong, even if I know I'm right. I will go to any lengths to prove that I was the correct one in most given situations.
- A pet peeve I have is when people scrape their plates in the sink and then leave the food sitting there, not actually putting it down the drain, because then it gets mixed with other...leftovers...and turns into a soggy mess, which is pretty gross to look at and clean up
- I'm an awful liar, and though I have improved over the years, it's usually my sister who is likely to get away with something, because coming up with an excuse or fabrication on the spot has never been my strong suit.
- Cereal is my go-to snack, because in my opinion, cereal just tastes better in the afternoons (which is when I usually eat some sort of snack)
- I've always wanted to go to Spain, because I've been taking Spanish for a little more than eight years, and it would be an amazing opportunity to practice. Plus it's just such a beautiful place with such interesting architecture and history.
- I'm really good at memorizing things. When I was in fourth grade I got a book from my cousins about US presidents and I don't know what posessed me to memorize them but I did. And I have 200 digits of pi memorized because why not, right?
- I lack any flexibility whatsoever, I am a ninety-year-old in a fourteen-year-old's body and it's really sad, especially compared to my bendy sister who taught herself to do the splits and a backwalkover while I can't even cartwheel...
- I am a collector and have a very difficult time getting rid of anything, and I mean anything. I have a very large rock collection and generally enjoy acquiring random odds and ends others might take no interest in.
- Finally, I love words. I would assume most people on Prose do, but yeah. My favorite words are convalesce, perspicuity, and defenestration. The first two because they just sound cool, defenstration because it means ‘the act of throwing someone out a window.’ Not sure who decided we needed a word like that, but I love it.
little quirks and such
> i am a few days sixteen.
> i have been a follower of Jesus since the age of eight.
> i have a dog (Sadie) and a kitten (Sheba).
> i adore reading (Marissa Meyer and Madeleine L’Engle are my favourite authors).
> my earbuds are just another appendage of mine, a part of me.
> i am likely either listening to TØP, ABBA, Switchfoot, Oasis, Eloise, some film/musical soundtrack, or a new artist from my Spotify recommended (typically rock— classic and alternative).
> i am decent at ukulele and learning guitar. my, i wish i could sing, though.
> i love the shows “Psych”, “Gilmore Girls”, “Full House”, “The Office”, + “Drake and Josh”.
> i have seen the movie “To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before” eighteen times.
> i hate the film “The Princess Bride”.
> i would much rather converse via paper letters than text/call/facetime/DM.
> i am a vegetarian (more about where the meat comes from than it simply being meat. commercial farming is... yikes.).
> it bothers me how many people say they are accepting of all, but if they meet someone who disagrees with an opinion of theirs, they “cancel” them. to love/accept and to agree are TWO SEPARATE THINGS (check out @zoe_christina ’s piece titled “yes,”)
>i am terrified of... well, most everything.
> i eat my Oreos by dropping them in a glass of milk and letting them sit ’til they’re all goopy and then i eat them with a spoon :p
> cold showers are better than hot showers, in my opinion.
> i really like windows.
> SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THE WORD “BEAN” IS SO FUNNY (but also, like, so cute)
> i am a hopeless romantic, only trapped within the body of a socially awkward scaredy-cat.
> i have a strange obsession with floating on my back in an empty pool.
> the stars never fail to steal my breath. they are so beautiful and endlessly fascinating.
> one of my favourite memories is shag-dancing in the summer rain.
> i DESPISE cliques/stereotypes/aesthetics (i.e. soft girls, e-girls, vsco girls, cottagecore, skater bois, jocks, etc. ---- OK, unless they are fictional. i mean, come on? peter kavinsky?!). you don’t have to fit some silly label! just be you, in your beautiful imperfection.
> i tend to speak a great deal, despite the fact that i hate the sound of my own voice and i rarely say things worth hearing. this is one of the reasons i adore writing: i can pick and polish every word, every letter, before anyone even catches a glimpse.
> i am an introvert, all the way; although, many people misunderstand the definition of introvert versus extrovert. by saying i am an introvert, i mean social interactions exhaust me and being alone is my time to recharge. plus, i just feel heaps more comfortable alone.
> i am PUMPED for season four of “Stranger Things.” anyone else?
> i lived in Africa for a year of my life.
> raspberries are my favourite fruit.
> i tend to get bored very quickly. sports, friends, hobbies. this makes me hesitant to date; i am afraid i will get bored and hurt their feelings.
> i am an enneagram four. not sure what wing... i will have to explore that further.
> i’m in Gryffindor (what’s a scaredy-cat like me doing in Gryffindor? ask the sorting hat.)
> i have been playing “Among Us” a ton lately, so if you ever want to play, PM me a code and you will make my week.
> i feel anxious almost all of the time. i need to see a therapist but, of course, that makes me very anxious.
> i don’t see myself getting married in the future.
> watching “Ocean’s 8” makes me want to be a con-woman.
> most people see me as soft, a goody-goody, and it makes me want to scream!!!1!!1
> tight clothes make me uncomfy.
> you guys are some of my favourite human beings on this planet.
> poetry makes up a great portion of my heart (surprise?).
> i say “dude” a lot.
> i wish i was funny.
> i am running out of things to say about myself.
*gasps for air*
thanks for making it this far, friends.
i love you, but Jesus’ love for you far surpasses even that.
[Insert Number Here] Things about Me
- I do homework for other people, sometimes for-profit and sometimes to help them out because I know they're struggling.
- My favorite thing to learn is history, and I really like learning about the Holocaust and slave times (old habits die hard apparently).
- I love people's accents and hearing people talk in their native language. It kind of upsets me when people I meet who speak a foreign language feel the need to translate everything and try hard to speak in English, especially since English is so hard.
- I didn't like tomatoes for the longest time, but I tried them recently and I can now understand why people like them on sandwiches and stuff. I will still not touch them (they feel like organs).
- My dream job is to be a comic book artist and the first comic I ever read was actually a pornographic one that I found when I was around four. The first actual comic book that I read was X-Men.
- My favorite superheroes are Wolverine and Storm, but I relate most to Sprite (a character in the X-Men school in the comic books).
- I always get into drama/reality TV shows, and my favorite franchise is actually the Little Women series (my favorite being LA). I first watched it at 4am three or four years ago when I was helping a friend with something and I'm pretty sure I've seen almost every episode of all four breakout shows.
- I don't understand dance at all. I can watch it, but I feel like dance has some hidden message that I really don't understand.
- In the event that I had biological children, I would name my sons Xavier, Christopher, Samuel, and/or Michael and my daughters Zaira, Taylor, and/or Samurai/Samora. I would not name my kid Samantha because it's such a boring name. Oddly enough, I really like the name Taylor, despite the normalness of it.
- I really like names with Xs and Zs in them because those letters really need more love. I feel the same about Q, but all the Spanish classes I've taken has made me understand that Q is just unpopular in the English language.
- I really wanted to learn Italian as my first foreign language (for mating purposes), but my school didn't offer it so I settled for Spanish.
- The next languages I'd like to learn are Russian, German, Chinese, Hawaiian, and ASL. I think if I had to choose one that takes priority, it would be ASL.
- I really love earthworms, and I don't care where I'm going or how late I am, if I see a worm, I'm going to stop and look at it/watch it for a while.
- I really like buying things. It's a very strange thing of mine. Acquiring things isn't necessarily thrilling, but my brain is like "Aah! I need x" anytime my wallet and I are around any type of vendor. I resist it pretty well, but COVID has been fucking with me.
- I am super picky about certain foods, mainly sweets. I will only eat the brown sugar and cinnamon Poptarts, I only like blue, green, and red candy, I really enjoy gummy candy (except Jolly Ranchers) and if my cereal doesn't taste like honey or cinnamon, I will not eat it.
- I like broccoli but you will never hear me say itl. Unless I'm high. I will say practically anything when I'm high
- Speaking of inebriation, the first time I got shitfaced, I drank an entire six-pack of raspberry Smirnoff Ice in less than an hour. Needless to say, I was hungover for three days.
- I think my biggest strength is my loyalty and my biggest weakness is my lack of confidence.
- I really like people watching. The best place that I've found is buses and trains because public transit brings out the crazy in everyone in Ohio.
- My favorite scent is the smell after fireworks, and my least favorite scent is a tie between cheap plastic toys and cigarette smoke.
- I have tons of thoughts about politics, religion, etc. but I don't talk about them because I do feel like my opinions are far too out there for people to listen. Oddly enough, out there doesn't mean right or left; all of my thoughts are essentially outliers in most topics.
- I have always thought I had ESP because I feel like I have prophetic dreams about my future. My "current future" is to be an avant-garde history teacher living in Houston who has an adopted son named Chris and a pet ferret named Otis who is allergic to blueberries yet constantly tries to eat them. Sometimes when someone is important to me, they'll be in the dream, but once they're gone, that vision essentially resets to those three criteria.
- I am a firm believer in ghosts. I don't like places that are advertised as being haunted, but I do believe that ghosts are everywhere, and try my best not to piss them off. The reason I don't go places that are advertised as being haunted is because not only am I a HUGE scaredy-cat, but I think that if you can tell that they're there, someone did something to piss them off and I'm not going to a casualty for someone else being an asshole.
- I love genealogy, and creating my family tree is the first thing I've been able to cross off my bucket list. The second was going to Italy and having real Italian pizza. (I'm a girl of simple tastes).
- I am a girl but I really don't care when people call me male. I guess I've always blurred the lines of gender because certain standards just never mattered to me, but I don't really see a reason to be pissed if someone can't tell what gender you are. It's a mistake like someone saying your name wrong. Unless they know you personally, I have never seen a problem with a stranger misgendering me. That being said, some people on here that misgender me do annoy me because I've interacted (from afar) with them for years, and some of my posts are very clear.
- I get really excited when Mnezz comments on my work. She's the first person I followed and it makes me happy when she comments on my stuff. I can't explain why.
- And finally, I love weird words that have no explanation in English. It's like a more tangible version of an urban legend. We all know what it is but we don't have a name for it, but there are names that exist. I love those posts on Instagram.
Little ol’ me
THINGS I LIKE
food (especially meats, carbs, and desserts)
thrift shopping and garage sales
Jesus and God(bc I’m 100% Catholic.)
minecraft (bc I will forever act like a child)
fries & burgers
SHOWS I LOVE
Big Bang Theory
PEOPLE I LIKE
THINGS I DISLIKE
listening to songs over and over again
annoying children(the non-annoying are alright)
cheating on tests
people disliking me
fall(I hate fall colors. I hate fall weather. I hate that school starts during it. It’s basically the Monday of seasons.)
Wednesdays (no reason...just do)
exercising(but I do it anyway)
PEOPLE I DISLIKE
my math teacher
I have four younger siblings.
I have two pet rats, one guinea pig(the other died on Monday, but I don’t like guinea pigs anyway so it didn’t bother me), one elderly cat, and 8 chicken.
I am not compulsive.
I want to become a pilot for a major airline company after college (and the other years of high school)
I love new things, so I save new things without opening them just so I know I have new things(don’t know if there’s an issue with me).
I am the epitome of the phrase “Jack of all trades, master of none.”(as seen later in the hobbies list)
I love watching plants sprout.
I am a romantic who has never had romance besides the stash of romance books and movies she’s read and watched.
I am a cat person not a dog person.
I am not a makeup person.
I’ve broken my siblings bones on three different accounts(two broken collarbones and one broken skull)
I moved from PA to SD back to PA in my life and my favorite place to live was SD.
I‘m a 5’8” blonde almost 16 year old girl who is growing a pixie cut out.
My birthday is on April Fools Day.
I eat enough food to be like 300 lbs, yet I’m only half that.
I’m not flexible.
I have self-confidence issues and rely on others’ support to know if something I’ve done is good.
I’m an organized freak and cannot work in cluttered or messy spaces without feeling stressed.
I’m a social chameleon and a people pleaser who, for the most part, only talks to people who talk to her first.
I’ve lost so many friends from moving and although I find new friend, I can never get rid of the feeling that I have hole where they used to be in my life and I hate it... make me not want to have friend, but then again they’re the only things keeping me stable or I’d probably implode.
coloring (I’ve prided myself on this mostly because of my 5 year in a row 1st place in the school coloring contests in elementary school #notsohumblebrag)
track and field
hair doing(?) (braiding, up-do’s, curling, straightening, pinning)
Hanging Out With Friends
Staying up extremally late
My crush( obviously)
Rap & Metal music
Getting woken up early
The things most people don’t know about me...
-When a dog (especially one that I don’t own) pees on me
-The sound of hair breaking when it is pulled
-People who refuse to wear thier mask
-I don't like jazz, broadway, or hip-hop (the dancestyles)
-I don't understand the hype about musicals and find them pretty boring (sorry not sorry)
-When my friends talk to me
-Eating my lunch in a certain order (Damn OCD)
-My Snake Babe
-Other things that I cant think of at the moment
-My dad was killed by his brother choking hm to death and his brother only went to jail for one day beacsue he ws white.
-I can move my tendons in my hands.
-I am a terrible singer.
-I have a rare brain tumorthat is non-cancerous and that causes seizures (gelastic seizures) even though I have been tested negative for Epilepsy.
-I have 20/10 eyesight.
-I have ADHD.
-I have disgraphia.
-I can snap with my pinkie finger, ring finer, middle finger, and pointer finger.
-I have really bad anxiety that I take medication for.
-I have asthma.
-My favorite words are dumpling and bolbous.
-I have OCD
-I am a pre-profession classical ballet dancer
-I am shit at Hip-Hop
-My name is Majerle but it is pronounced Mar-ley
-My dad named me after my cousin, the famous basketball player Dan Majerle