"The next time we battle a powerful opponent in the real world, whether we win or lose, our team has to do all we can to avoid casualties amongst ourselves."
"You are absolutely right Mitch, cheers!" Tate beamed, as he and Mitch clinked their glasses of beer. Rick joined in the toast with a glass of root beer. The trio were lounging in their swimming trunks on beach chairs, enjoying their drinks and reflecting on their recently completed battle simulation.
"Also, I need to step it up as a leader to my crew." Mitch added. "I need to be more of a protector to these youngsters. If it wasn't for Essie's spell, which Cerissa, Rick and Janet paved the way for, you would have bested me Tate."
"I also want to be more of a protector Mitch." Rick added. "I sacrificed myself to give Essie the opening for that attack, but I wasn't there to watch her back as a result."
"Being a protector is great, but there is nothing wrong with relying on your allies for help." Tate commented. "There will be times when you are the stronger one that can lift your team up, and there will be times when you will need a lift from your teammates. Both are essential if your crew is to survive."
"I'll drink to that!" Rick grinned as he finished his root beer. "Thanks Tate, you're absolutely right. I'll be back later gentlemen, I am going to join the girls for a swim."
Rick happily darted into the water to Essie, Cerissa, Janet and Wasila, while Tate and Mitch continued to drink and chat.
"Merry Christmas by the way." Tate said. "You didn't forget with all the work you are all putting in, did you?"
"Definitely not." Mitch smiled. "I have a tree with gifts set up for my crew back home. There's a little something for you and Wasila in the clubhouse here too."
"You truly are remarkable." Tate grinned. "Everyone is fortunate to have you in their lives, including us AI's."
Everyone gathered together for a barbecue picnic on the beach. Tate and Mitch grilled chicken, steak, cheeseburgers and hot dogs. After everyone had eaten their fill, Rick jumped to his feet and addressed the group.
"Everyone, here's the deal. We never got to finish our volleyball game the last time we were on a beach. So.... who's in?"
"I'm game, but let's chat first." A familar voice stated.
The crew turned to the direction of the voice, and observed a party of five approaching.
To be continued....
Training World Arc
Prior stories/chapters from this plotline:
- Team Janet vs Team Sic - https://theprose.com/post/467594/team-janet-vs-team-sic
- A New Adventure Begins! A 20 Word Teaser! (Chapter 109) - https://theprose.com/post/469384/a-new-adventure-begins-a-20-word-teaser
- Coffee And Dreams (Chapter 110) - https://theprose.com/post/469464/coffee-and-dreams
- Infected City Arc Closure (Chapter 111) - https://theprose.com/post/470462/infected-city-arc-closure
- A New Dimension - The Training World (Chapter 112) - https://theprose.com/post/472712/a-new-dimension-the-training-world
- Training, Or Vacation? (Chapter 113) - https://theprose.com/post/476376/training-or-vacation
- The Hub (Chapter 114) - https://theprose.com/post/478137/the-hub
- Janet vs Leftover: Rematch? (Chapter 115) - https://theprose.com/post/481194/janet-vs-leftover-rematch
- Follow Up (Chapter 116) - https://theprose.com/post/484088/follow-up
- Catching Up (Chapter 117) - https://theprose.com/post/484441/catching-up
- Portal To The Next Fight (Chapter 118) - https://theprose.com/post/491899/portal-to-the-next-fight
- Clash of the Mages (Chapter 119) - https://theprose.com/post/499792/clash-of-the-mages
- Team Essie (Chapter 120) - https://theprose.com/post/502330/team-essie
- A New Trick (Chapter 121) - https://theprose.com/post/504534/a-new-trick
- Darn Mosquito (Chapter 122) - https://theprose.com/post/510059/darn-mosquito
- Playing Offense: Rick and Janet (Chapter 123) - https://theprose.com/post/533308/playing-offense-rick-and-janet
- Injured Musings (Chapter 124) - https://theprose.com/post/534943/injured-musings
- The Ultimate Strategy of Team Essie (Chapter 125) - https://theprose.com/post/537929/the-ultimate-strategy-of-team-essie
- Victory? (Chapter 126) - https://theprose.com/post/538229/victory
- Final Preparations (Chapter 127) - https://theprose.com/post/541330/final-preparations
- Power Play (Chapter 128) - https://theprose.com/post/553141/power-play
- Conclusion: The Battle Simulation Ends! (Chapter 129) - https://theprose.com/post/554469/conclusion-the-battle-simulation-ends
- Refreshment & Reflection (Chapter 130) - https://theprose.com/post/557283/refreshment-reflection